Pisco Sour is a typical South American cocktail. Pisco is a grape liquor and the sweetened lime juice makes it deliciously sour.
- 3 ounces Peruvian Pisco
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 ounces simple syrup *
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ice
- 2 -3 drops Angostura bitters
* Simple syrup is just a solution of sugar in water: take equal parts sugar and water, measure them into a tight-lidded jar or bottle, and shake for 3 minutes, let rest for a minute, and then shake again for 30 seconds.
- In a blender, combine the key lime juice with the egg white.
- Add the simple syrup, Pisco and ice, and blend at high speed until frothy.
- Pour into a shot or cocktail glass, top with a few drops of bitters and serve.